Welcome to Achieve Physical Therapy & Performance
Now With Five Locations to Serve You!
At Achieve Physical Therapy and Performance we are dedicated to helping patients reach their full performance.
- We utilize Integrated Performance Rehab: an approach combining cutting edge technology, manual techniques and an innovative exercise program
- We constantly strive to provide an effective physical therapy experience in a friendly and inviting atmosphere.
- We have over half a century of combined physical therapy expertise.
- We treat a variety of orthopedic, neurological and general conditions.
- We are experts in post-operative rehabilitation
We are recognized as one of the areas premier providers of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation.
We utilize the most up-to-date techniques and technology including:
- Cold laser / infrared phototherapy
- Certified in the Graston Techniques
- Certified in FAKTR (Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehabilitation)
- Highly skilled manual therapy and muscle energy techniques
We accept most insurance including Medicare, Medicaid & Worker’s Comp.
Meet Our Team
Our highly trained staff is ready to bring you back to full function
Steve Long, PT, MS, Owner
Steve has a diverse background with a strong sports medicine expertise, previously:
- Head Athletic Trainer at Northwestern University in Chicago
- Assistant Athletic Trainer for the Chicago Bears and Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Clinically, he has advanced training in manual therapy and craniosacral techniques
- Industrial Medicine
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Injury prevention is a major area of focus in his practice
When not in the clinic Steve lives in Murphy with his wife, Lisa and youngest son. He is the past president of the Murphy Chamber of Commerce and enjoys keeping up with his 5 children.
The G-Trainer™ Anti-Gravity Treadmills™ are changing the weight of the world. G-Trainers enable people to improve mobility and health, recover from injury and surgery more effectively, overcome medical challenges that limit movement, and enhance physical performance.
G-Trainers are so precise that a user can choose to reduce their effective body weight by as much as 80% in as small as 1% increments.
Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab is actually a concept, not a technique. It combines manual techniques with exercise to achieve optimal outcomes.
FAKTR can treat a wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions including tendinopathy, sprains, strains, entrapment syndromes, fascial restrictions such as plantar fasciitis, ITB syndrome, myofascial pain syndromes, adhesive capsulitis, shin splints and post-surgical recovery. This list of conditions that can be treated with FAKTR protocols are too numerous to list here!
Using stainless steel instruments, the Graston Technique® irons out the tangled tissue that’s causing the dysfunction. Along with warming up, stretching, strengthening and ice, clinicians can rebuild the soft tissue injury into healthy functioning tissue again.
Graston Technique® speeds rehabilitation and recovery, reduces the need for anti-inflammatory medication and allows the patient to continue everyday activities.
Cold Laser / Infrared Phototherapy
The Cold Laser is a handheld, non-invasive, low energy, therapeutic laser. It produces light which penetrates up to 2 inches into the body. In human tissue, the resulting photochemical reaction produces an increase in the cellular metabolism rate that expedites cell repair and the stimulation of the immune, lymphatic, and vascular systems. The net result, observed in clinical trials, is the apparent reduction in pain, inflammation, edema and an overall reduction in healing time. It generates NO heat and is safe for use on any area of the body except the eyes.
Additional programs are available. Contact us for information on additional or specialty programs you may need.
- Neck Pain & Headaches
- Low Back/Spine Conditions
- Post-surgical Rehabilitation
- Injury Assessment, Treatment, Education & Prevention
- Athletic Training Services
- Knee, Shoulder, Foot and Ankle Rehab
- Overhead Athlete (Throwing Injuries)
- Sports Performance Enhancement
- Endurance Training
- School Outreach
- Work Rehabilitation
- Work Conditioning
- Functional Capacity Evaluations – Plano Location
- Post Offer Employment Screenings – Plano Location
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Core stabilization and dynamic mobility programs
- Cancer Related Fatigue
- Aftercare and wellness programs
- Dry needling
- Manual Therapy
- FAKTR (Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab)
- Alter G Anti Gravity Treadmill
- Graston Technique
- Cold Laser
- Vibration therapy
- Electrical Stimulation
- Home therapy equipment such as traction, braces and e-stim units
- Kinesio, Preventative and McConnell Taping
For your convenience, you may print and complete these forms prior to your first visit.
New Patient Registration Form Packet | Download
This copy may be faxed, mailed or hand delivered to the clinic. DO NOT EMAIL FORM
TeleHealth Patients Instructions | Download
Revised Telehealth Consent Form | Download
For Additional Questions Please Contact Us At (972) 509-5070
Yes. The choice of where you receive therapy is always yours. While the majority of our patients come to us by physician referral/recommendation, many clients request to see us due to our strong clinical reputation in the community.
We operate in a direct access state where, if your insurance plan authorizes self-referral to physical therapy, a physician referral is not necessary for you to be seen by a licensed therapist. Please check with your insurance though as many health insurance plans require a physicians referral for therapy to be covered.We also offer treatments, services and/or products that do NOT require a referral and are available on a self-pay basis.
As a service to our patients, we will gladly file claims with your insurance company on your behalf. In order to appropriately submit these claims, we will need to obtain a copy of your insurance identification card to ensure that we have the necessary information.
Your therapist will conduct an evaluation of your condition lasting between 60-90 minutes. The evaluation is necessary to create a program designed specifically to address your needs for a maximum recovery.
– Referral slip from your medical doctor
– Your medical insurance card
– Your ID
– A copy of your medication list including dosages, if you have it
– If you are getting therapy as a result of a worker’s compensation claim or an automobile accident, you will also need to bring your claim information, including claim number.
Please arrive 15 minutes early on your first visit to fill out any necessary paperwork.
We recommend comfortable clothing such as sweatpants or shorts, a T-shirt or tank-top and sneakers.
Each visit will last 60 – 90 minutes on average. Times vary due to the treatment and exercises being performed.
In order for you to achieve the result that you deserve, you will be given a treatment plan after your initial evaluation. It is important for your recovery that you attend every appointment outlined by your therapist and prescribed by your physician. You may start to feel better after only a few visits, but can relapse if you do not complete your entire course of therapy.
Achieve PT Clinical Director Mentorship Program
The sky’s the limit, at Achieve PT!
Are you interested in taking your PT career to the next level? At Achieve PT you will have the opportunity to learn under the direct mentorship of experienced clinicians, directors, and successful business owners. You will get hands-on training in both the clinical and operational elements needed to manage a successful outpatient clinic in today’s healthcare market. We are interested in working with high-energy, motivated therapists that want to build their career with a growing company. We are committed to training our employees, investing in them, and promoting from within.
- Our Mission – To be the provider of choice for our community and referral sources by providing excellent services from a caring staff in an upbeat atmosphere to Achieve superior outcomes.
- Our Vision – To continue to serve our local communities by meeting their rehabilitative needs with our services and to identify other communities that will benefit from and support our services.
- Team Statement – To provide culture, training, and tools for the Achieve Staff to accomplish their professional goals which will in turn allow the business to serve our communities.
At Achieve PT, we encourage you to focus on what really matters!
- Working in a positive, fun environment that emphasizes quality and excellence in Care
- Understanding the culture of the clinic & proudly representing the qualities that make us different
- Sustaining a positive attitude to ensure a positive workspace
- Providing excellent customer service
- Empathizing with the patient’s point of view
- Providing friendly, kind, compassionate care
- Exceeding the patient’s expectations
- Learning the financial elements that make the clinic successful
- Maintaining accountability to the patient and clinic
- Collaborating with your team
- Respecting your colleagues, as well as the company’s values
- Ensuring financial stewardship that strengthens the company, in a changing healthcare environment
Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduate of Accredited Physical Therapy Program; DPT preferred but not required
- Current PT license – State of Texas
- Individual who thrives in a fast-paced outpatient orthopedic environment
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with a strong, determined mindset
- Passion for learning, and growing as a PT, with a strong commitment to the profession
Wonderful competent people!. They do a great job!. I spent 4 months with them and there was never a day they let me get by without doing there bests to get me over the rebuild of my Achilles Tendon surgery. I would recommend them to anyone that needs this service.
VERY competent, professionals.
I wasnt convinced that physical therapy would really help me. Now Im a believer. Thanks for all your help.
Your humor and knowledge healed more than my ankle! Yall Rock!
Steve + Graston = Healed!!!
Thanks to the Deuling Steves and Staff. Pain never hurt so good!
No more pain! I guess your crazy exercises worked. Thanks for making it fun and entertaining.
You gave my life back to me! The best PT group ever!!! Core strength is the secret.